Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ouch!

We had out first emergency room visit. Dylan had to get stitches. He pulled a giant pirate ship off the table onto his face. 6 1/2 hours later he has 5 stitches. The longest part of the wait was my fault. While we were waiting in the lobby we had some Doritos and Mountain Dew. Because the cut was so close to his eye, they needed to sedate him....so we had to wait 3 hours for the food to settle. A little bit much for 6 Doritos and a sip of Mountain Dew, but I can't tell the doctors how to do their job.

He was very brave! When he saw the stitches he said, "cool!"

I handled it pretty well. Neal's out of town. Shelly came to watch the kids. Renea came up to the hospital after we had been there a little while. Neal, Grandma, Grandpa, Amy, and Erin called to check in on us. I did cry when they started the medicine and stitches. The medicine they used put him in more of a twilight state then knock out asleep state. So his eyes were open, but he didn't know what was going on and he doesn't remember anything. It was emotional watching all of it.



3 comments:

Raderstorf Family said...

Oh my gosh Devon that is awful! Poor thing, although he dosnt look like he is too upset. Do they think he is going to have a scar?

Vivid Vinyl said...

He did really well all. Only cried when it happened, when they put the IV in, and when they said the word stictches (which he later asked what were stitches, so he didn't even know what they were talking about.)

Scar....I don't know. We'll just have to keep it covered all summer and hopefully it will be small.

Pam, Rick, and Amy said...

Dylan,
My poor baby boy. Sorry that this happened to you. I love and hope you heal nicely. I love you and proud of you Mom for being so brave.
I love you.

Amy