Monday, September 15, 2008

Plastic Surgery for a One Year Old

Sounds funny - but I suppose technically that's what she had - Otoplasty. Her check up went well. He says there's still swelling, plus the stitches could take up to a month to dissolve. I'll be honest - it's not as pretty as I was hoping, but Neal keeps reminding me there is at least one more surgery to go. I guess for plastic surgery I was hoping for a nearly normal looking ear. The fact is the ear is smaller and we are hoping with this surgery that the cartilage has become unrestricted and can now grow better. He had to add skin to the top of the ear which made it thicker than a normal ear. Plus it's still quite red. Here's hoping to long hair soon. Besides she is beautiful!


3 comments:

Heather said...

She's SO beautiful- no one notices the ear being different with eyes like hers! Morgan gives me hope someday baby Daveline #3 will be a GIRL!

Pam, Rick, and Amy said...

I am so happy Morgan is healing well. Things can only get better.

Love you MO.

Amy

Unknown said...

She is such a beautiful girl!! I don't ever see anything but her beautiful eyes! And the fact that she looks like the Olson twins, but that's another story...