Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Morgan!

I'll try not to get all emotional, but my baby turned 1 today. She woke up so happy this morning. That's not unusual, but generally she's ready to have a bottle. But she was just being pleasant and talking like she knew today was a special day. We went shopping for a little while - that's what girls want to do on their birthday! Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and cake. Tradition in my family is to let the baby play in the cake. It's really quite fun to watch. We placed the cake in front of her and she dug her fist right in. She just enjoyed every piece of her cake.

Happy Birthday Morgan. Grandma bought her a princess crown, but she wasn't interested in wearing the crown or this hat. Most of the pictures came out blurry.
Singing to Morgan.

Right away she put both hands into the cake and double fisted it. I can't blame her it was yummy cake!

Seriously, she was all about eating that cake.

The last picture taken before she was put into the sink for a bath. She did eat a lot of it, but she wasn't too messy. I only had to clean up the high chair and her. (I've had to clean blinds and walls in years past.)

1 comments:

Pam, Rick, and Amy said...

Morgan,
I love you and do glad you had a happy first bithrday. Keep it up MO can't waite for more. Love you

Amy