Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Couponing

and LOVING IT! We've increased our pantry food storage by nearly 1 month plus we have at least 6 months, some even a year's worth on our hygiene products. THANKS KENDRA FOR TEACHING ME TO BE BETTER WITH COUPONS. I've always used coupons, but Kendra took it to a whole 'nother level!

So today I did a trip to Food Lion and saved 77%!

I got:
5 boxes of cereal (which keeps 6 months to a year)
2 boxes of powdered Gatorade (which keeps until 2010)
2 Gillette men's razors
2 Gillette men's shampoo

Retail Total: 61.26
Total Out of Pocket: 14.08
Savings: 77%

Yea me....our 2009 goal is to get at least 3 months of pantry food and 6 months of food storage (canned/jarred) food. And I'll use my normal grocery budget to do it. (Well we might splurge some with our income tax for Bishop's storehouse stuff).

Wish us luck...and let me know if you want to learn some mad coupon skilz!